Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought I'd already...

4 posters

Go down

I thought I'd already... Empty I thought I'd already...

Post by Slipkid Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Just checking in...I will post some pictures of my watches elsewhere (doesn't look like the right area). I've been collecting, or as some say, renting, watches for a few months now. So far, all that I have I've kept. We'll see if the budget allows for that shortly... Smile

I was a one watch guy until recently...Got tired of replacing quartz batteries (and having the watch not work anyway) every year of two. So, I did what any WIS would do...I bought a Rolex cheers . That was back in 1995 and the Submariner did well through all kinds of activity. These days it gains too much time and the tritium is dead...Still, we went through a bunch together so I'm holding on to it for now.

Anyway, that's enough about me... geek

Cheers,
AJ
Slipkid
Slipkid
New WatchMan

Back to top Go down

I thought I'd already... Empty Re: I thought I'd already...

Post by porschefan Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:06 pm

Welcome, again, AJ. Feel free to start posting in the daily wrist shot area. Thumbs Up
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:14 pm

Glad you decided to join our small but MOUTHY group! Okay....so I'm the mouthy one! Can't wait to see your Rolex and what other items you've acquired recently!
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Slipkid Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:50 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I tried uploading some pics and Firefox just got hung up...so, went to Chrome and I used the little icon for loading the pics (hosting). Posted and no pics. Then I got an email from the hosting place. My email and the pswd provided for the picture hosting site didn't work. I'll look around for some FAQs...

Cheers,
AJ
Slipkid
Slipkid
New WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:56 pm

I'm interested in seeing your Rolex Submariner. Tim aka porschefan owns a GMT and I'd love to own one in time. Hell, I've never even held one in my sweaty lil mitts!
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Slipkid Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:08 am

bodypeersur wrote:I'm interested in seeing your Rolex Submariner. Tim aka porschefan owns a GMT and I'd love to own one in time. Hell, I've never even held one in my sweaty lil mitts!

Which one...? Very Happy As a pre-retirement from the military, I bought myself a lightly used 116610 (G serial with the ceramic bezel and the new band/clasp), and I still have my W series Sub.

Don't worry, I will get something posted in a day or two. Seems yajoo disabled my acct, and that was tied to my flickr....ugh!

Cheers,
AJ
Slipkid
Slipkid
New WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by andrema Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:58 am

Welcome AJ!

I look forward to your photos!!
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum