Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..."

5 posters

Go down

STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." Empty STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..."

Post by docrwm Mon 24 Jan 2011, 9:56 pm

STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..."
Art.Nr. S0105
STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." 892339692proteus-00
STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." 1443931473proteus_04
STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." 804472052proteus_03
STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." 807896347proteus_02
STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." 2001789986proteus_06
STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." 1563740023proteus_05

553 EUR 19% VAT incl.
465 EUR without 19% VAT

Swiss Made - 2 years warranty
This wristwatch is not available for public sale and can only be ordered by registered members of the Internet forum "WatchUSeek". The "Proteus" is a joint project of the members of the Steinhart forum at "WatchUSeek" and STEINHART TIMEPIECES. It was designed and conceived piece by piece in a democratic process over a period of several months and will appear in a strictly limited edition of 111 pieces worldwide. All visible components, including the new bezel replacement system, were designed and produced exclusively for this watch. Even the numbers were drawn solely for the "Proteus". www.watchuseek.com

Technical Details
Type: PROTEUS Limited Editon...
Item no.: S0105

Movement
ETA 2893-2 Swiss Made, automatic, hacking seconds
Jewels: 21 jewels
Functions
Hour and minute hand black and white with Super LumiNova™ BG W9
Central second hand black with Super LumiNova™ BG W9
Second time zone adjustable via 4th hand
Date at 4 o'clock
Screw-down crown in stainless steel at 3 o'clock
Case: titanium, brushed
Back: stainless steel, screwed (engraved)
Diameter: 45mm
height: 16,9mm
Dial: midnight blue with black reflector
Crystal: sapphire, domed, with double anti-reflecting coating on the inside
Bezel: stainless steel, brushed, engraved and filled with black paint, replaceable
Indices: printed white with Super LumiNova™ BG W9 / blue luminescent
Lug width: 24 mm screwed-in
WaterRes: 30 ATM / 1000 ft.
Strap: calf leather with rubber coating, black with orange stitches, 24x24mm
Buckle: stainless steel pin buckle PRE-V screwed-in 24 mm

STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrLOgpubsfWSMrfgFrWvpnwyiBT6IxDcEw9eTGpy35Jxx7u3-kAQ&t=1
Accessoires
2nd bezel: stainless steel, beed-blasted and DLC-coated, engraved and filled with Super LumiNova™ BG W9
2nd strap: buffalo leather in midnight blue with white stitching, including 2nd pre-V buckle
tool for changing strap and bezel
hangtag
individually numbered and signed certificate
Packaging: black pouch made of genuine leather with 6 pockets for watch, bezels, straps and tool; orange stitching
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." Empty Re: STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..."

Post by jaw Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:05 pm

Looks Good.
Hate those damn CAD renderings though.
jaw
jaw
WatchMan

Back to top Go down

STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..." Empty Re: STEINHART "PROTEUS Limited Editon..."

Post by porschefan Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:21 pm

Hmm, only through watchuseek... meh. Do they have t-shirts?
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by cali kid Tue 25 Jan 2011, 2:50 pm

like the watch but not enough to buy one off those renderings, would need to see the watch on someone's wrist!
cali kid
cali kid
WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Tue 25 Jan 2011, 3:59 pm

Trev,

Oddly like this one. Not a fan of LEs but this one looks to be a solid offering from a well respected company at a reasonable price. Wish they had a real one to look at, even in pics, too.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Tue 25 Jan 2011, 5:18 pm

I ain't feelin it.
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Tue 25 Jan 2011, 5:23 pm

I've never "felt" any "internet, pre-order it from a drawing" watch. If I can't "feel it" I'll never "feel it."
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Tue 25 Jan 2011, 5:49 pm

porschefan wrote:I've never "felt" any "internet, pre-order it from a drawing" watch. If I can't "feel it" I'll never "feel it."

Funny, I'm just the opposite. Nearly none of my watches are ones that I had handled prior to purchase. I've flipped a few in my time Rolling Eyes but I've also got a pretty good track record for keepers. Inasmuch as I like Seikos and Sinns its kinda hard to handle them prior to purchase.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Tue 25 Jan 2011, 6:44 pm

You don't have a Seiko AD nearby?
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Tue 25 Jan 2011, 9:11 pm

porschefan wrote:You don't have a Seiko AD nearby?

If I want cheap quartz watches, yup - otherwise, nope. I've never been able to handle an 007/009 or Monster locally, let alone a Sumo or MM300. Nor is their a Sinn AD, a Mido AD, a Bernhardt AD, etc. in the State. I read a lot of others reports on watches that catch my eye, use Google Images to look at as many photos as I can find, ask specific questions of those who own them, etc. in order to gain an appreciation of the watch I might be interested in owning. I had never handled a Sinn prior to buying mine. Had never seen a Sumo in the flesh prior to buying mine. Etc., etc., etc.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down