Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet

5 posters

Go down

How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet Empty How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet

Post by andrema Fri 07 Jan 2011, 10:36 pm

Excellent step-by-step with pictures from our friends at SCWF

http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,2195.0.html

How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet Img10715ij
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet Empty Re: How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet

Post by docrwm Sat 08 Jan 2011, 8:46 am

It can be a challenge to anyone who hasn't done it before. My best advice is to read, re-read, and have a containment area set up so you can't loose that TINY collar. Getting a replacement in the US means ordering an entire link from Seiko USA (which they provided to me free in short order Thumbs Up ). Also, unless the watch guy you use wears his own Seiko with pin & collar then he most probably knows nothing about them - even if he's a Certified Rolex Master Watch Guy - seriously. Good Luck!
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet Empty Re: How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet

Post by Northwestguy Sat 08 Jan 2011, 8:57 am

The Accutron VX-200 Bracelets (both the 3 hand and chrono versions) also use a pin and collar system. The collar is much longer than the Seiko's.
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Sat 08 Jan 2011, 9:01 am

Northwestguy wrote:The Accutron VX-200 Bracelets (both the 3 hand and chrono versions) also use a pin and collar system. The collar is much longer than the Seiko's.

Really? When it works its a great system, it's just getting it to all fit together correctly in the first place.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Sat 08 Jan 2011, 9:12 am

The bracelets are very nice (13 piece). The inner 11 pieces are interlocked together with the collar and then the 2 outer pieces swing over and pin goes all the way through and connects them all.
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:54 am

Northwestguy wrote:The bracelets are very nice (13 piece). The inner 11 pieces are interlocked together with the collar and then the 2 outer pieces swing over and pin goes all the way through and connects them all.

I haven't handled one but everyone that has posted about them, who has any knowledge whatsoever, has said nice things about that 13 piece bracelet.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:05 am

like they say......"Butter"

How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet IMG_0603
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:12 am

I went and had my old VX200 sized at the jeweler. After wearing it a couple days it just felt a little tight. So I decided I wasn't paying the jeweler to resize it again and tackled it myself. To my surprise in the bottom of the Accutron case was a paper with instructions on how to do it. It really wasn't difficult at all. Another reason I wouldn't take it back was because I told the jeweler it was a pin and collar system. He said, Sir...it's a pin and SLEEVE system and who ever told me it was a collar. I said EVERYONE ON 3 WATCH FORUMS! He chuckled and that was it for me.
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:39 am

bodypeersur wrote:I went and had my old VX200 sized at the jeweler. After wearing it a couple days it just felt a little tight. So I decided I wasn't paying the jeweler to resize it again and tackled it myself. To my surprise in the bottom of the Accutron case was a paper with instructions on how to do it. It really wasn't difficult at all. Another reason I wouldn't take it back was because I told the jeweler it was a pin and collar system. He said, Sir...it's a pin and SLEEVE system and who ever told me it was a collar. I said EVERYONE ON 3 WATCH FORUMS! He chuckled and that was it for me.

Seiko for one calls it a Pin and Collar system - that's who you arrogant ass! I haven't found a watchmaker worth a s*&^ here in Metro Atlanta who doesn't charge more per hour than most lawyers.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:52 am

I don't have any here either. If I did I might be able to get the Breitling serviced a little cheaper!
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Sat 08 Jan 2011, 12:29 pm

bodypeersur wrote:I don't have any here either. If I did I might be able to get the Breitling serviced a little cheaper!

Have you asked around for trusted watchmakers that you can mail it to?
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Sat 08 Jan 2011, 12:57 pm

bodypeersur wrote:I don't have any here either. If I did I might be able to get the Breitling serviced a little cheaper!

I could ask my AD.
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Sat 08 Jan 2011, 1:08 pm

If one of you guys knew someone, but all the "Authorized Service Centers" charge $540. That to me is just fucking ridiculous! And parts are extra. Of course I'd have to pay with plastic cuz I ain't got $ layin around.
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Sat 08 Jan 2011, 1:19 pm

I'll ask. My AD can get factory parts for all makes, even ones they don't sell.

Or, if you want, I could PM their email, etc, and you can reference me and deal with them directly. Someone else around these parts is doing that now, but I can't say nuthin'.
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Sat 08 Jan 2011, 1:42 pm

Being as you know them they might give you a better price than me.
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:13 pm

That's why you reference me... they know what watches I own, they've all come from them but my Noah and my old quartz TAG.

You'll get the extended family treatment. Don't be so sensitive. Laughing
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:42 pm

porschefan wrote:I'll ask. My AD can get factory parts for all makes, even ones they don't sell.

Or, if you want, I could PM their email, etc, and you can reference me and deal with them directly. Someone else around these parts is doing that now, but I can't say nuthin'.

scratch
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Sun 09 Jan 2011, 7:29 am

porschefan wrote:That's why you reference me... they know what watches I own, they've all come from them but my Noah and my old quartz TAG.

You'll get the extended family treatment. Don't be so sensitive. Laughing

I can't help being sensitive shithead! It's part of being I, ME, MINE!!! I am also POOR and need to beg for watches! So if you want to send me their email I'll write them and see if I can be part of the Tim Family too! Not Worthy Sm
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Sun 09 Jan 2011, 8:50 am

You boys play nice.
How to resize a Seiko pin and collar bracelet Screen_Grab_Billingsley_copy
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down