Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass

2 posters

Go down

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Empty Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass

Post by andrema Fri 07 Jan 2011, 5:19 pm

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Smallcover

This Omega Flightmaster is a very unique looking vintage watch.

The Flightmaster came in 2 versions, an earlier model that had a 24 hour time register at 9 o'clock instead of the running seconds register found on this model. The movement used in this model is the 17 jewel Omega manual wind calibre 911. The 24 hour model used the Omega manual wind calibre 910.

The dial on this watch is breathtaking, the hands all still have a very sharp contrast against the dial and the wrist presence created by this watch is overwhelming. My wife actually calls it "the EGG".
This watch was created for pilots and was marketed by Omega as such. There is evidence that Flightmasters were used by the Astronauts, reference Imai's Omega Speedmaster book, there's a Soviet Cosmonaut wearing a Flightmaster identical to this.

The dimentions for the watch is 43mm wide by 52mm long.

The Flightmaster c.911 (ST145.036) - photos from chronomaddox

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Flightmaster_leftside
Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass C911flightmaster_sm
Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Flightmaster_rightside

Some great resources for these great old watches

http://www.chronomaddox.com/flightmasterarticle.html - a comprehensive article on the flightmaster, including how to read as well as the functions of the various pushers/dials.

http://www.old-omegas.com/pilotline.html -a good general resource for the flightmaster series.

http://www.old-omegas.com/ - old manuals and other cool reference materials
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Empty Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass

Post by kaerf-z Fri 07 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

If that were 46mm and a three-hander id bee all over that.

That REMINDS me of when I almust gots killed fixin my old ladys washer machine. I FORGOT to UNPLUG it and done got shocked. It felt like a wasp stingin my fingers
kaerf-z
kaerf-z
New WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Empty Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass

Post by andrema Fri 07 Jan 2011, 10:05 pm

kaerf-z wrote:If that were 46mm and a three-hander id bee all over that.

That REMINDS me of when I almust gots killed fixin my old ladys washer machine. I FORGOT to UNPLUG it and done got shocked. It felt like a wasp stingin my fingers
That was a crazy statement dude...you need gather yourself and get it together!
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down