Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement

3 posters

Go down

SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement Empty SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement

Post by docrwm Thu 20 Jan 2011, 8:16 am

The Vintage 1945 collection is a modern reinterpretation of the spirit of an Art Deco-inspired model with a rectangular case. Girard-Perregaux is once more demonstrating the Brand's creative mastery by unveiling a reimagining of this iconic design.
SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement Girard-perregaux-Vintage-1945-XXL1
Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 XXL

In its fifty-plus years, the Vintage 1945 collection has opened the way for a wide variety of creations. Paying a new tribute to its heritage, the Manufacture completely reworked this historic model to unveil one of the purest expressions of its line in 2009. The profile of the case was redesigned in a spherical form, with the crown discreetly integrated into the middle; the dial boasts dual curves and is enhanced by elegant Dauphine-style hands.

SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement Girard-perregaux-Vintage-1945_XXL-side1
Girard-Perregaux further extended its creative quest with a sober and contemporary model: the Vintage 1945 XXL. Its generous dimensions give it a strong presence, while its curved shape makes it especially comfortable to wear. Just like the original model, its dial features Arabic numerals, "railway" minute track and a subtly concave small second at 6 o'clock. This pleasing symmetry, the guiding principle of Art Deco, gives the design perfect balance, lending it an understated air emphasised by the attention paid to each and every detail.

This aesthetic sophistication is supplemented by technical specifications illustrating Girard-Perregaux's comprehensive expertise. True to the principles of the Manufacture, the Vintage 1945 XXL is also distinguished by its self-winding mechanism. The calibre GP3300, known for its sophistication and reliability, can be appreciated through the watch's crystal case-back, and sports traditional decorative finishes: Côtes de Genève, circular graining and blued steel screws.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Pink gold case
Dimensions: 35.25 x 36.20 mm
Antireflective sapphire crystal
Sapphire case-back fastened with 4 screws
Water resistance: 30 metres (3 ATM)
Girard-Perregaux GP3300
Mechanical self-winding movement
Calibre: 11 ½ ’’’
Frequency: 28,800 vibrations/hour (4 Hz)
Jewels: 32
Power reserve: minimum 48 hours
Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds
Alligator strap with folding buckle
Also available in a steel version

Source: Girard-Perregaux Press Release
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement Empty Re: SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement

Post by bodypeersur Thu 20 Jan 2011, 7:06 pm

Not a big fan of non-round cases but this is one I could live with!
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement Empty Re: SIHH 2011 - Girard-Perregaux continue the "Re-Issue" movement

Post by docrwm Thu 20 Jan 2011, 8:23 pm

bodypeersur wrote:Not a big fan of non-round cases but this is one I could live with!

It's a classic. Seriously dressy and VERY expensive (at least in my world) but its a quality piece with some very nice design choices (dial color choices, lugs, recessed crown, choice of Arabic vs Roman numerals, etc.).
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Fri 21 Jan 2011, 10:04 am

Hahaha, Timex Expedition is expensive to me now. LMAO! All kidding aside, it's beautiful and I would love owning one.
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by ezcheese Fri 21 Jan 2011, 4:24 pm

I love me some GP.
ezcheese
ezcheese
WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down