Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

2 posters

Go down

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!) Empty Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

Post by andrema Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

This is a pretty cool pictoral that was prepared by Bill Yao to show the WIS community why it takes so long to produce and ship "Pre-built" watches. I own one of the MKII LRRP watches and the quality is excellent! Here is a link and a couple of examples of the steps that are taken by Bill at MKII to get a new MKII watch out to a customer:

http://www.mkiiwatches.com/2011/11/pre-built-watches-aka-what-the-hll-takes-so-long/

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!) Watch_born_5
The quality control resumes and is a constant obsession throughout the process. Here we check the hand alignment, crown operation, and the movement clamps inside the case. Based on this review we classify each piece by the amount of re-work required, if any.

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!) Watch_born_11

(a) Re-checking the hands for scratches, (b) bending the hour hand to travel parallel to the dial when installed, (c, d) putting a curve into the minute and seconds hand so that the custom red tipped sweep hand will clear the crystal, (e) adjusting the hand setter to the 2836-2, (f) setting the hour hand

Last edited by andrema on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!) Empty Re: Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

Post by andrema Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

This just about says it all...

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!) Watch_born_end

The end. Thank you for taking the time learn more about us! ~ Bill Yao/MKII
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!) Empty Re: Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

Post by porschefan Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

Thanks, Mark. Pretty cool. I can totally understand how Bill can feel like that on a day in-day out basis.
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by andrema Sun 25 Mar 2012, 9:21 pm

Now that I own two of his watches, I can say that they are excellent quality! Bill does great work!
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down