Question for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 12:30 pm

Should we just keep toddling along as a VERY small forum?


_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by Northwestguy on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 4:11 pm

docrwm wrote:Should we just keep toddling along as a VERY small forum?


......as opposed to getting bigger OR shutting down?
avatar
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Posts : 306
Join date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:00 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
docrwm wrote:Should we just keep toddling along as a VERY small forum?


......as opposed to getting bigger OR shutting down?

Sorry that I was obscure. Getting bigger. We are not shutting down. Not an option. Thanks.

_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by Northwestguy on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:10 pm

I like this site. I think it is cozy but, a bit more activity would be nice. I am certainly at fault with not being on that much. Maybe a little bigger? This reminds me a a great small restaurant that has only a few tables, great food, great ambience, great service, and lines of people waiting their chance to get in. Then, the restaurant decides to go big and all the good that once was, is no longer.
avatar
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Posts : 306
Join date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:12 pm

Northwestguy wrote:I like this site. I think it is cozy but, a bit more activity would be nice. I am certainly at fault with not being on that much. Maybe a little bigger? This reminds me a a great small restaurant that has only a few tables, great food, great ambience, great service, and lines of people waiting their chance to get in. Then, the restaurant decides to go big and all the good that once was, is no longer.

I'm not looking to be a BIG place. I agree that a wee bit more activity from folks we know would be very welcome. How can we achieve that balance?

_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by Northwestguy on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:24 pm

docrwm wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:I like this site. I think it is cozy but, a bit more activity would be nice. I am certainly at fault with not being on that much. Maybe a little bigger? This reminds me a a great small restaurant that has only a few tables, great food, great ambience, great service, and lines of people waiting their chance to get in. Then, the restaurant decides to go big and all the good that once was, is no longer.

I'm not looking to be a BIG place. I agree that a wee bit more activity from folks we know would be very welcome. How can we achieve that balance?

I'm really not sure Huh?

Well, some of the things that I like in forums are:

- comradery
- horological information
- pics
- links to various sites
- sales/trade forums

I think I would spend more time here if others would as well but, I would have to decrease my time spent at other sites where I am a member.
avatar
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Posts : 306
Join date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:26 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
docrwm wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:I like this site. I think it is cozy but, a bit more activity would be nice. I am certainly at fault with not being on that much. Maybe a little bigger? This reminds me a a great small restaurant that has only a few tables, great food, great ambience, great service, and lines of people waiting their chance to get in. Then, the restaurant decides to go big and all the good that once was, is no longer.

I'm not looking to be a BIG place. I agree that a wee bit more activity from folks we know would be very welcome. How can we achieve that balance?

I'm really not sure Huh?

Well, some the things that I like in forums are:

- comradery
- horological information
- pics
- links to various sites
- sales/trade forums

I think I would spend more time here if others would as well but, I would have to decrease my time spent at other sites where I am a member.

Thanks, I understand. A list of useful sites would be good. I can add that to what we've got. We'll never be WUS for sales.

_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by bodypeersur on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

Bigger? Might be good I guess. I agree with John. I do enjoy the comraderie. My problem comes with people who run forums getting these big egos and treating good members like pieces of shit. It's happened to me twice. I don't see that happening here so all is good. I have learned to just put assholes on IGNORE.
avatar
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2010-06-26
Location : Somewhere near NORMAL but not quite there yet.

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by Northwestguy on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 5:36 pm

Yeah, I understand regarding sales. I didn't think that was the design of this site and wouldn't expect it to ever be that way.
avatar
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Posts : 306
Join date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by porschefan on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

Northwestguy wrote:Well, some of the things that I like in forums are:
- comradery
- horological information
- pics
- links to various sites
- sales/trade forums

I think I would spend more time here if others would as well but, I would have to decrease my time spent at other sites where I am a member.

I agree with you, John. It's nice that folks around here, the ones that regularly frequent, and those that come less frequently, are here to share their knowledge or interesting links, new pieces they've picked up; not comong around looking to start trouble. Or others that talk about how they just want to talk watches, yet can't keep from :Stir: Wink
avatar
porschefan
Man About Town

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-07-01
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by bodypeersur on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 6:40 pm

porschefan wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:Well, some of the things that I like in forums are:
- comradery
- horological information
- pics
- links to various sites
- sales/trade forums

I think I would spend more time here if others would as well but, I would have to decrease my time spent at other sites where I am a member.

I agree with you, John. It's nice that folks around here, the ones that regularly frequent, and those that come less frequently, are here to share their knowledge or interesting links, new pieces they've picked up; not comong around looking to start trouble. Or others that talk about how they just want to talk watches, yet can't keep from :Stir: Wink

+1 Toasting
avatar
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2010-06-26
Location : Somewhere near NORMAL but not quite there yet.

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by porschefan on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 6:47 pm

Brand warfare gets old...
avatar
porschefan
Man About Town

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-07-01
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:06 pm

bodypeersur wrote:Bigger? Might be good I guess. I agree with John. I do enjoy the comraderie. My problem comes with people who run forums getting these big egos and treating good members like pieces of shit. It's happened to me twice. I don't see that happening here so all is good. I have learned to just put assholes on IGNORE.

Well Duff, if I get that way just tell me.


I just love to listen.

_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by bodypeersur on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

That pic is a little scary Robert!
avatar
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2010-06-26
Location : Somewhere near NORMAL but not quite there yet.

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by andrema on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:48 pm

I love me for me, and I am OK with that!
avatar
andrema
Man About Town

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by Guest on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:53 pm

Robert, your lack of response to me is quite disappointing...

I even tried to ask you HERE why you had left XMT and NO response...

So the DAY you ask your members if/how you want your place bigger, you make your grand re-entrance to XMT...

Pretty freakin' lame...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by porschefan on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:54 pm

Good, Mark, you're making progress. God Bless Dr. Phil.
avatar
porschefan
Man About Town

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-07-01
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by bodypeersur on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:03 pm

No Alan, actually YOU are the lame one! SAY GOODNIGHT GRACIE!
avatar
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2010-06-26
Location : Somewhere near NORMAL but not quite there yet.

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:09 pm

bodypeersur wrote:That pic is a little scary Robert!


Who needs a hug?

_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by docrwm on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:09 pm

porschefan wrote:God Bless Dr. Phil.


Dr. Phil - Peckerwood!

_________________
-Robert
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.
avatar
docrwm
Man About Town

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2010-06-25
Location : Somewhere deep in the South

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by porschefan on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

I see a couple of posts have popped up. Apparently "guest" didn't realize I wan't talking to him. I couldn't even see that he had posted. Oh well, c'est la vie.
avatar
porschefan
Man About Town

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-07-01
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for you?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum