Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which watches are on your Radar at present?

+2
AutoDvr
docrwm
6 posters

Go down

Which watches are on your Radar at present? Empty Which watches are on your Radar at present?

Post by docrwm Sun 29 Aug 2010, 7:06 pm

I've already said that I have a couple of Sinns, the Chronoris Grand Prix 70, the MM300, and the yellow Breitling SuperOcean II.

What are you looking at these days?
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Which watches are on your Radar at present? Empty Re: Which watches are on your Radar at present?

Post by AutoDvr Sun 29 Aug 2010, 7:26 pm

Going retro with the SKX-007, then the RedSea Six Pounder - black - cause the guys are from the homeland and I think that's cool.
Wish list is UTS 500 if they still make 'em, Sinn EZM-5, and GO Sport Evolution Paradatum.
AutoDvr
AutoDvr
New WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Which watches are on your Radar at present? Empty Re: Which watches are on your Radar at present?

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 7:57 pm

CONSIDERING a Helson...

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Sun 29 Aug 2010, 8:07 pm

Anomaly wrote:CONSIDERING a Helson...

Which one?

The Shark Diver
Which watches are on your Radar at present? Buc_SDL

or the Buccaneer
Which watches are on your Radar at present? Buc_BCL
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010, 8:26 pm

The Shark...

...had a ROLEX look w/o looking TOO Rolex.

Whatcha think?

Back to top Go down

Post by sixtysix Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:40 am

I am looking at the Swiss Army Dive Master 500, Laco or other pilot style, Yema of some sort, Rolex Milguass and Blancpain Fifity Fathoms....in order of price. I like the Buccaneer too! Most of my recent purchases I have made with out looking at all.... Pound Head
sixtysix
sixtysix
WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:54 am

Welcome Aboard!

The SW Dive Master 500 has a bunch of really positive comments on it around. Yema, the French modern company? Milguass? There's a nice guy at DWC that just got one, he's very happy with his.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by andrema Tue 31 Aug 2010, 9:20 am

I am looking for two Stowa's ~~ Marine Original and Airman.

Sort of on the fence on the Airman because it is 40mm, but it is mostly dial, so it more than likely "wears larger". Another option is the Archimede Flieger at 42mm (may be too large though).

The last one on my list (for now) is a Doxa 1200T or 600T. This one will probably be the Professional (orange) dial.

I do have Rolex LV on the brain too...but that is down the road.
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by sixtysix Tue 31 Aug 2010, 6:48 pm

docrwm wrote:Welcome Aboard!

The SW Dive Master 500 has a bunch of really positive comments on it around. Yema, the French modern company? Milguass? There's a nice guy at DWC that just got one, he's very happy with his.

Yema (yep French) has been around a long while, they have some classic racing crhonos from the 70's that are highly prized. I am looking at

Which watches are on your Radar at present? Product_20100809133455_YMHF0301
sixtysix
sixtysix
WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:44 pm

I've looked at some of their 70s vintage racers, there are some really nice watches in that group. I knew that they were making watches under that name again but didn't immediately connect the two in my mind. Thanks!
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:24 pm

Several are on my list and I am having a tough time deciding which one(s) to target first. Just as tough is making a decision on what I want to let go from my current collection. However, back to the OP: Omega, Breitling, IWC, Rolex, Doxa are on my list and it is further complicated by the fact that there are different models within each brand that I like!
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:28 pm

none
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:32 pm

porschefan wrote:none

Hi Tim! Porquoi?
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:40 pm

Very happy with what I have currently, John. There's really only a few pieces I've seen recently that have knocked me over. There was one vintage Omega I saw, but...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/omega-rare-museum-pilot-le-442361.html
Last week in NYC, went into a couple of dealers, looked around, and left fairly quickly. I only wish the new Breitling flagship store (almost directly across 57th St. from Tourneau's flagship) was open... supposed to be in a month or so. Would like to see that.

Last edited by porschefan on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:44 pm

I would like to see that store as well! Tried to send you a pm but I am unable, due to my post count....too low. Glad you are happy with where your collection is. The Rolex GMT that you have is one I have been looking at......VERY, VERY nice!
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:47 pm

Thanks, John. I'm very happy with that one.
Also in my previous post, I added the link to that vintage Omega. It is really a beautiful watch.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/omega-rare-museum-pilot-le-442361.html

^this one
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Mon 06 Sep 2010, 2:54 pm

You are right Tim. That Omega museum piece is sweet. Funny, when I first saw the pics I immediately saw you! That watch reminds me of you.....the style, coloration, the strap!!! Might be a calling for you Very Happy
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by porschefan Mon 06 Sep 2010, 3:00 pm

Ha, thanks.
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by docrwm Mon 06 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

I'm finding myself looking and not biting. Nothing is really singing to me at present. I'm thinking of thinning the herd and perhaps exchanging 5-7 of them for another Tegimented Sinn, but a 4 hander. That's about all that I've seen that has me the least interested right now.
docrwm
docrwm
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Mon 06 Sep 2010, 3:08 pm

docrwm wrote:I'm finding myself looking and not biting. Nothing is really singing to me at present. I'm thinking of thinning the herd and perhaps exchanging 5-7 of them for another Tegimented Sinn, but a 4 hander. That's about all that I've seen that has me the least interested right now.

Thinning the herd is tough for me right now. I am at 15 watches and like them all but I will have to nix a couple if I want to get some new ones. I also would like to downsize more to maybe 10 but that is even harder to for me to just think about!
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy Mon 06 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

porschefan wrote:Ha, thanks.

Did get your pm but still unable to reply!
Northwestguy
Northwestguy
Senior WatchMan
Senior WatchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down