Watch Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue

3 posters

Go down

Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue Empty Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue

Post by andrema Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

A few weeks back, I purchased a banged up Seiko H558-5009. I always wanted to check one of these out and was also interested in fixing up another vintage watch.

So, I ordered: Aluminum shroud, sapphire crystal w/ AR on the inside and a new bezel insert...and then the work began. The "before" picture (pretty, isn’t she!):
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue H558before

The "after" pictures:
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue DSC00275
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue DSC00278
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue DSC00281
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue DSC00280
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue DSC00278
Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue DSC00279

All in All, I think the end product came out pretty good and it only took about an hour to complete. This was a nice first step for me to test the waters with a Seiko shrouded dive watch at a reasonable price. It was fairly inexpensive as well as easy to work on.

For those interested, here is a little info on the "Arnie": "The Arnie" Seiko H558-5009 The Seiko H558-5009 was the first dive watch to feature a digital alarm chronograph with combination analog display.

Its nickname came about because it was a favorite watch of Arnold Schwarzenegger and he wore it in "Commando" (1985) and "Predator" (1987) In order to build a watch that was rugged enough for the toughest adventures Seiko engineers tested it to -40c and up to +60c.

The "Arnie" was a forerunner to the Landmaster series. It was used on adventures to the North and South Poles as well as by an international team of explorers that climbed Everest in 1988.

With other features such as three time zones, chronograph, alarm and backlight, the "Arnie" is also a great ‘tool’ watch. These days its tricky finding one.

Basic Specifications:

Production date: March 1983.

Diameter: 46 mm (excluding crown).

Thickness: 12 mm. Lug: 22 mm.

Price: $400-500

Source --->>>http://www.uniquewatchguide.com/seiko-h558-5009/
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue Empty Re: Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue

Post by porschefan Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:31 pm

Nice work, Mark
porschefan
porschefan
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue Empty Re: Project "I'll be back" a/k/a Arnie Rescue

Post by andrema Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm

Thanks Tim!
andrema
andrema
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by bodypeersur Sat 31 Mar 2012, 3:12 pm

Looks great Mark. I'll PM you my address!!!! LMAO!
bodypeersur
bodypeersur
Man About Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down